Sewing

Progress on my Morris Blazer tester. 

I think I messed up the end point of my darts when I did the full bust adjustment and made them too low 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ which I’ve now fixed on my pattern pieces.


The sleeve is also very firm fitting – which I knew was possible from reading other people’s reviews. So I’ve done a full bicep adjustment on my pattern pieces and added an inch to the width of the sleeves. I may also tweak the armscye and and make it a bit bigger – this will also help reduce the amount of gathering at the top of the sleeve.


I’m going to finish this one as it will be wearable, just – and I don’t have enough of this fabric to recut the sleeves and/or front pieces again.

I’m also pondering fabric options – whether there just isn’t enough stretch in this sateen for this pattern…

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s